A consolidated list of news articles can be viewed below; the items are displayed from newest to oldest. Use the Find news menu on the left to search for articles according to their main theme.
About The Regulatory Roundup
The Regulatory Roundup is an update on legal, policy and regulatory changes impacting on:
- children's socio-economic rights, child justice rights, child protection rights;
- gender rights;
- socio-economic rights, including health, housing, social security, education, nutrition, basic
- services and related rights; and,
- the service delivery foundation embedded in the right to administrative justice and access to
Information is sourced from:
- national Government Gazettes as they are published;
- judgments made by the Constitutional, Supreme, High and Labour Courts of South Africa; and,
- media statements and other public utterances made by Ministers and leaders of public bodies
- such as the SAHRC and the Public Protector.
Statistics South Africa has published “Poverty Profile of South Africa: Application of the poverty lines on the LCS 2008/2009”. The Living Conditions Survey has been developed by Statistics SA specifically to measure improvements in the living conditions of people in South Africa and the status of service delivery and poverty. The survey being reported on aims to provide data that will contribute to a better understanding of poverty and to provide data monitoring levels of poverty over ...
The AIDS Legal Network and its partners have published the report, “Gender Violence and HIV: Perceptions and experiences of violence and other rights abuses against women living with HIV in the Eastern Cape, KwaZulu-Natal and Western Cape, South Africa”. The report confirms that disclosure by women of their HIV status precipitates and is associated with high levels of violence by their partners, families, friends, communities and even service providers alike. ...
Parliament has published notice of its intent to develop a Public Participation Framework to enhance public participation in its work. It would like to deepen and broaden public participation to include more public in meaningful dialogue around policy and legislative matters, especially among the most marginalised groups in South Africa. ...